The Mechanical Engineering programme is a modern, project-based degree which aims to produce graduates who address the Grand Challenges for Engineering and the UNSDGs. As a project-based degree, our students will Conceive-Design-Implement-Operate at least 4 engineering systems (or projects) throughout their degree, with at least 2 of such projects being based in real-life industry challenges. Their projects will address the Grand Challenges and the UNSDGs. To assist them, students will also be taught to meaningfully use current Industry 4.0 tools and software such as 3-D Printing, Computational Fluid Dynamics and Finite Element Method.
On successful completion of the programme, graduates will also be awarded a degree from Lancaster University. They will be awarded two certificates, making them graduates of both Sunway University and Lancaster University.
- Automotive Engineer
- CAD/CAM Engineer
- Design Engineer
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Materials Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
- Project Engineer
- Robotic Engineer
- Systems Engineer
for Malaysian students
for international students
- Natural Sciences subjects are Physics, Biology or Chemistry. Physics will be given preference.
- SPM or equivalent in Science stream will be given preference.
Additional Requirements for Certain International Students
International students from certain countries that want to take some Sunway University degree programmes (for example programmes in partnership with Lancaster University) will need to take and pass our online six-month International Preparatory Programme (IPP). This is a requirement to enrol on a Sunway degree programme that also leads to a degree certificate awarded by Sunway’s partner institution. Students are required to pass all the subjects with grade C or above to progress to the degree.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS or equivalent 6.0 or equivalent
- MUET Band 4
- SPM English B3 or B+
- UEC English B3
- O-Level English (1119) B3
- Sunway Intensive English Programme (IEP) Pass Level 4 with minimum 65%
- ESL/English Satisfactory level at Pre-University programmes with English as the medium of instruction.
- Additional requirements For Malaysian students entering using an entry qualification whereby the medium of instruction is not in English, MQA requires the student to possess a MUET or international English proficiency qualification in order to register for the Engineering programmes.