The Master of Science in Mathematical Sciences is a research programme that empowers students with a competitive edge in research through in-depth training mediated by experts. As a postgraduate student, candidates will be integrated as members of our research groups at Sunway University with various opportunities to participate in research alongside supervisors through seminars, workshops, laboratory and field work. The programme will focus on research areas such as evolutionary computation, big data analytics, computational fluid dynamics, statistical process control, and more.
This programme will develop the following graduate attributes which are in sync with and support the mission of the university:
- highly employable graduates who are knowledgeable and technically competent in various fields of mathematics and statistics.
- graduates with the mathematical and analytical skills with competencies in critical thinking and problem solving.
- graduates with managerial and entrepreneurial skills to be able to communicate effectively.
- graduates who are ethical and responsible with expertise in mathematical and statistical knowledge.
- graduates who recognize the need to engage in life-long learning for personal and professional growth and development.
Graduates of this programme will be equipped with a versatile range of skills that lend themselves to multiple industries. This allows graduates to pursue senior positions in fields such as finance, education, consultancy, administration, IT, business, and more.
- Professional activities in academic institutions and research Institutes
- IT services
- Financial services
- Investment management
- Consultancy firm
for Malaysian students
for international students
English Language Requirements
- IELTS 6.0 or equivalent