The higher education sector has been undergoing a paradigm shift in recent years with pressure to become more flexible and enterprising to meet the needs of the 21st Century. The Covid-19 pandemic has increased the rate of change and has forced higher education institutions around the globe to quickly adapt their teaching, learning and assessment methods to meet the challenges of these unprecedented times. The need to make rapid changes and implement different forms of delivery and assessment has created tensions between those tasked with implementing the new techniques and their colleagues charged to ensure that academic standards and quality are maintained. However, quality assurance is an integral part of the design, development and monitoring processes which ultimately ensure the validity and reliability of higher education learning outcomes. Indeed, when correctly applied quality assurance processes should provide an effective and flexible framework to support rapid change and enterprise while improving standards in teaching, learning and assessment.
SieQA 2021 aims to share how higher education institutions have been responding in this period of major change and to explore the practical strategies that can be used to embed quality assurance processes to create a culture which maximises flexibility, encourages enterprise and raises standards now and in the future.
- To explore how higher education institutions can use quality assurance processes to initiate, support and deliver effective change in teaching, learning and assessment;
- To share ideas, experience and best practices from quality assurance professionals across South East Asia and throughout the world;
- To present practical quality assurance strategies to support successful higher education enterprise and transformation in the 21st century.
- Quality assurance personnel
- Accreditation officers
- External reviewers and scientists
- Academics and researchers
- Education industry representatives
- Government officials, publishers
- CEOs, Deputies for Academic Affairs and
- General public