The Electronic and Electrical Engineering degree is concerned with electrical and electronic equipment, interfaces and communications. Electrical engineering tends to focus on larger scale electrical equipment and power, whilst electronic engineering is more focused on smaller scale electronic circuits and devices, computer and communication systems. It gives a fascinating insight into how electrical devices and technology work as a preparation for a future that will likely be full of new electrical and electronic technologies.
The programme will give students a strong technical knowledge in a variety of areas, which could include electronics, signal processing, power engineering, computer and communication systems, and engineering management. Alongside the theories, students will also learn by hands-on practical exposure to ensure that they are prepared for engineering work upon graduation.
A degree in Electronic and Electrical Engineering gives many career options. Graduates can venture into a variety of industries such as electronics, telecommunications, robotics, computer engineering, power systems, medical equipment and more.
The Sunway University Bachelor of Electronic and Electrical Engineering with Honours (BEng Hons) degree is recognised as equivalent to that of Lancaster University's Master of Engineering Electronic and Electrical Engineering with Honours (MEng Hons) degree. Upon successfully completing the programme, Sunway University BEng Hons graduates will also be awarded the MEng Hons degree from Lancaster University. They will be awarded two certificates, making them graduates of both Sunway University and Lancaster University.
- Control engineer
- Robotic engineer
- Safety engineer
- Product development engineer
- Computer engineer
- Electronic engineer
- Communication engineer
- Biomedical engineer
- Electrical engineer
- Consulting engineer
for Malaysian students
for international students
- Natural Sciences subjects are Physics, Biology or Chemistry. Physics will be given preference.
- SPM or equivalent in Science stream will be given preference.
Additional Requirements for Certain International Students
International students from certain countries that want to take some Sunway University degree programmes (for example programmes in partnership with Lancaster University) will need to take and pass our online six-month International Preparatory Programme (IPP). This is a requirement to enrol on a Sunway degree programme that also leads to a degree certificate awarded by Sunway’s partner institution. Students are required to pass all the subjects with grade C or above to progress to the degree.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS or equivalent 6.0 or equivalent
- MUET Band 4
- SPM English B3 or B+
- UEC English B3
- O-Level English (1119) B3
- Sunway Intensive English Programme (IEP) Pass Level 4 with minimum 65%
- ESL/English Satisfactory level at Pre-University programmes with English as the medium of instruction.
- Additional requirements For Malaysian students entering using an entry qualification whereby the medium of instruction is not in English, MQA requires the student to possess a MUET or international English proficiency qualification in order to register for the Engineering programmes.