The BSc (Hons) in Conventions and Events Management offers an industry-inspired programme to set you up for a professional career in the event industry.
The programme deals with conceptualising and pitching an event, to promotion and production, management and evaluation, covering all aspects of events management. You will emerge as a competent, industry-ready professional with great leadership abilities, technical competencies, communication techniques and problem-solving skills when working in a team or independently. The project management skills taught are also easily transferable to other sectors of business including marketing, business development and public relations.
Essential practical industry experience will be gained through an 18-week industry internship. Having close connections with industry practitioners, conference association, convention centres and the tourism bureau will make it easy for you to secure internship placements and future employment opportunities across various industries.
- Account director
- Business Development Manager
- Business exhibitions planner /director
- Convention services manager
- Meeting, convention & event planner/director
- Sales director
for Malaysian students
for international students
- Any other equivalent qualifications
- Applicant with no standard qualification will be considered on a case-to-case basis
English Language Requirements
- IELTS or equivalent 5.5 (With no individual band below 5.0)
- MUET Band 4
- SPM English B3 or B+
- UEC English B4
- O-Level English (1119) Credit
- Sunway Intensive English Programme (IEP) Pass Level 4
- ESL/English Satisfactory level in Pre-University programmes, where the medium of instruction is English