The Bachelor of Business Analytics (Hons) provides students with the knowledge and applied skills in Big Data processing to effectively deal with the rapidly emerging field of Business Analytics.
Using business analytics tools and techniques, students will be able to develop critical thinking and analytical skills to process Big Data for problem solving and decision making. This programme equips students with ability to transform data into powerful and predictive insights to respond to the global Big Data Revolution. The programme is well-balanced and comprehensive by offering various subjects in IT and business analytics in addition to a full range of business core subjects.
On successful completion of the programme, graduates will also be awarded a degree from Lancaster University. They will be awarded two certificates, making them graduates of both Sunway University and Lancaster University.
- Data analyst is the top five emerging careers with a promising future in Malaysia (New Straits Times, April 2019).
- 21% growth in demand for a combination of skills encompassing Big Data, data analytics and web development (LinkedIn, 2019).
Nearly half (46%) of CIOs said they suffered from a skilled shortage in big data analytics. (KPMG CIO Survey 2019) More than 151,000 data scientist jobs going unfilled across the U.S (2018 LinkedIn Workforce Report)
- Business analyst
- Accounting analyst
- Finance analyst
- Information systems analyst
- Marketing analyst
- HR analyst
- Customer service analyst
- Sports analyst
- Social media analyst
- Business consultant
- Credit in Mathematics at SPM or its equivalent
Additional Requirements for Certain International Students
International students from certain countries that want to take some Sunway University degree programmes (for example programmes in partnership with Lancaster University) will need to take and pass our online six-month International Preparatory Programme (IPP). This is a requirement to enrol on a Sunway degree programme that also leads to a degree awarded by Sunway’s partner institution. Students are required to pass all the subjects with grade C or above to progress to the degree programme.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS or equivalent 6.0
- TOEFL 550 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based), 80 (internet-based)
- MUET Band 4
- SPM English B3 or B+
- UEC English B4
- O-Level English (1119) Credit
- Sunway Intensive English Programme (IEP) Pass Level 4 with minimum 65%
- ESL/English Satisfactory level in Pre-University programmes, where the medium of instruction is English